It’s perfect for sharing with family and friends, in your community and whenever you find yourself talking about saving food.
You don’t need to be an expert in food or cooking to do it. You just need to be a food-saving champion keen to keep food out of the bin and happy to help others to do the same.
What in the pack?
We’ve included fun activities about: planning, dates, storage, portions and leftovers – all designed to help save money on the average weekly food budget. All the activities are tried-and tested in the community and include step-by-step notes to help you to run sessions, if you want to.
We’ve also included guidance on working with groups, useful checklists and lots more. There’s even a guide to making and sharing your own video top tips online.
Why use the SAVE MORE pack?
● The activities show other people that by doing some easy things at home every day, we can all save more food, which is good for our pockets and the planet.
● The pack was developed by experts in adult and community education, behaviour change, food/health promotion and waste prevention communications and community engagement – so it comes from experienced professionals you can trust.
● All activities have been tested in the community with a wide range of groups and proven to be engaging and helpful.
● Overall, 91% of participants submitting a feedback form said that they enjoyed the activities, and the same percentage thought the sessions were useful.
● For around 93% at least some of the information was new and 97% said they would use at least some of it at home.
● 87% said they would come to a session again and 86% would recommend a friend.
● Some activities can be delivered in groups (SAVE US MORE) or some with individuals (SAVE ME MORE).
● Some activities need a bit of preparation: but it’s usually nothing more than a bit of photocopying and/or cutting out.
● Activities are graded for ease of use: easy to run or very easy to run.