Once again, we are being urged to stay at home where possible. Rather than popping into our local supermarket every couple of days to pick up a few bits and bobs, we’re being asked to limit trips and to only go when it’s truly essential.
This means we might be taking fewer trips to the shops, doing larger shops and may need to be a little flexible in our choices.
We’re still here to help. We’ve been fighting food waste for a long time, so when it comes to kitchen tips and tricks, shopping skills and storage solutions - we’ve got all the information you need to Be Stay-at-Home Savvy!
We’ll be using our Facebook and Instagram
Feeling inspired? Here are a few tools to get you started:
1) Take stock of what you've got, then plan your shop. Here's our handy planner.
2) Become a Freezer Hero and make best use of your freezer.
3) Want to make sure you get the most out of your fresh fruit and veg? The A-Z storage will keep you right.
4) Serving the right sized portions can help to make sure you don't waste good food. Our Portion Planner can help keep everyone happy and satisfied.
5) Full fridge? Ensure it’s at an optimum temperature with this great tool.
6) Doing some baking to pass the time? Here’s some handy info about what you can use in the cupboard!
7) Got plenty of bread but lacking in other complex carbs? Turn dinner into toast!
8) Eat everything! Find out more about Compleating food.
9) Be savvy at the supermarket with our shop ready list to make x3 meals without any waste.
10) Follow the tips of Scotland's National Chef, Gary Maclean, and Cook Clever with your kids.